The City of Wichita Falls has wonderful parks with facilities for activities including: picnicking, outdoor cooking, hiking, biking, basketball, football, softball, baseball, tennis, fishing, disk golf, swimming, model airplane flying and more.
Many of the parks also feature outdoor shelters, fun-filled playground equipment, lake access and an enjoyable viewing area of a "prairie dog town."
Ben Donnell Park, located at Wichita & Calhoun is a 1.68 acre park with the following amenities:
- Benches (wood) 2
- Bench (wood) (glider) 1
- Park sign 1
- Picnic area 1
- Picnic shelter (small) with 2 coated tables 1
- Play apparatus with sand base 1
- Playground equipment
- Swing (small-2-baby-2-belt) 1
- Trash receptacles (barrel) 1
- Adjacent to the Big Wichita River
- Northeast Boys & Girls Club
- Paul F. Irvin Activity Center